如果你也愛聖誕節經典電影 Love Actually,一定很熟悉 Mark用字卡對 Juliet告白的橋段(註七)。今年,澳洲聯邦警察 Australian Federal Police,也模仿這個橋段,對大眾宣示他們的承諾。這部短片,目前在網路上很火紅喔
以下是我的全文翻譯
Relax, I'm not a stripper 放輕鬆,我不是脫衣舞郎(註一)
With any luck, by next year 運氣好的話,明年 ...
We'll be seeing more of these 我們會看到更多
(澳洲警察的搞笑照片,裝扮成無尾熊,聖誕老公公,警犬變麋鹿)
And less of this 少一些 ...
(違規拖吊,查獲毒品)
But for now, let us say 現在,讓我們說 ...
We love Australia 我們愛澳洲
We love the people and the scenery 我們愛澳洲人與風景
We love a snug at Bunnings (onion side down of course) 我們愛烤香腸三明治(當然,洋蔥放下面)(註二)
We love our unofficial national anthem 我們愛我們的地下國歌(註三)
But, there are some more things we don't love 但是,有些事我們不愛
Paying for tomato sauce 番茄醬要加錢(註四)
Top of our naughty list 壞小孩名單 ...
Child Exploitation 兒童色情 (註五)
Drug Trafficking 運毒 (註六)
Oragnised Crime 組織犯罪
Cybercrime and Terrorism 網路犯罪與恐怖主義
Financial Crime 金融詐騙
We are committed to keeping you safe from all these things 我們承諾保障大家的安全,遠離這些壞事情
Because for you Australia, it's worth it 因為澳洲人值得這一切
Merry Christmas 聖誕快樂